Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Round Two

For Laura's birthday I made her a neck rice bag because she had commented on Linda's rice bag and sounded like she wanted one. Turns out she's been having a ton of Law School reading strain on her neck and the rice bag was just the thing to help take away that pain.

So as I was stalking Laura on her lovely blog I found out that her dog ate the rice bag I gave her (she'd only had it for 2 weeks!) So I decided to make her another one.

I have plenty of fabric and rice left over from the other rice bags I've made so I took some time tonight to make her a new bag because I will see her tomorrow.

Here's the fabric I used.


I made the bag part with plain fabric. Sewed seams along both sides and one down the middle.


Poured a little rice down each side and then sewed a "compartment" to hold the rice in one area.


I made 8 of these little compartments to hold the rice. This works great because since this bag is made to sit on the neck/shoulders you don't want all the rice to fall to the end of the bag.


Then I sewed a little "pillow" case together to make the bag pretty


 and now Laura has another rice bag that hopefully her dog wont eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment