Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Freezer Enchiladas

My weekends are usually spent making food for the upcoming week. Since I usually don't get home till late and I don't want to spend my whole evening making dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up after dinner and then going to bed. I like to just make a bunch of food on the weekends, freeze it and when Jon gets home he can throw it in the oven and by the time I get home dinner is ready. There's no prep work or extra dishes because I already did it on the weekend.

So this week we are going to enjoy some chicken enchiladas. This recipe freezes well and makes about 2 pans of enchiladas so you can have one pan this week and one in a few weeks.

Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts
Onion
Can of green chilies
Taco seasoning mix
Can of black beans
2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream
Pepper
Shredded cheese
Corn tortillas
Enchilada sauce


Directions
Cook the chicken. Once chicken cooked saute chicken, onions and green chilies until onions are done.


Add taco seasoning mix and make according to the directions on package.


Mix cottage cheese and sour cream and pepper to taste.


Make enchiladas by adding a spoon full of cheese mixture, chicken, and black beans.


Fill pan with enchiladas. One tip (which I didn't do today, so mine are all broken) is to warm up the tortillas so they are easier to work with and don't break.

If you have remaining ingredients you can spread them over the enchiladas. Then pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with cheese. I used Montery Jack cheese this time around.


If you are making this for a later date then cover and stick in freezer.  Otherwise bake at 350 until done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment