Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wuthering Heights

For those of you who know my husband this story you might be a little surprised to hear about the date he took me on last week…

A  little background information: I LOVE to read. And when I’ve finished a book that has been made into a movie, Jon likes to make it a date and watch that movie with me (Even if the movie is Harry Potter/Twilight)
A few weeks ago I finished reading Wuthering Heights. I thought it was a good book and I told Jon that I liked it. Well on Tuesday I get home from work and Jon hands me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and says he has a date planned for that night. But that we needed to eat quickly and dress up because we were going to the Opera! The OPERA! My husband at the Opera—not something I ever imagined.

And guess what was playing at the Opera?


Wuthering Heights

And apparently I am a very lucky girl cause Wuthering Heights was only being shown a few times and most of the nights were sold out or over $300 per ticket but Jon, of course, got a good deal and had to get the tickets.

It was beautiful. The music was great, the acting was great. I loved it all! Jon fell asleep in the first half (he blames in on the good music and the dim lighting). But by the second half he was starting to like it. I think it helped that this Opera was in English so we understood everything they were saying. Plus I had told him all about the book so he kinda knew the characters and what was going to happen.

This Opera was written by Bernard Herrmann and originally suppose to be 6 hours long! Herrmann didn’t want to shorten it so the piece was never performed until recently when it was shorten to just under 3 hours. I’m pretty sure Jon would not have taken me to a 6 hour long Opera performance so I’m glad they shortened it to 3hr.

Here’s the  LINK

Overall I was pleasantly surprised that Jon took me to the Opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment