Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Basement - Part 2 Framing, Wiring and Walls

I haven't had much time lately to blog because Jon and I have been spending most of our time working on finishing our basement. So let me catch you up on our progress in the basement.

Now I will be honest with you I have not worked on the basement as much as Jon has but that's the way I like it.

Thankfully our basement was just unfinished so we didn't have to clean anything up. And we got to decide the layout and where we wanted to put the walls. Our plan for the basement is to have a place to hang out/watch movies/etc. Since we already have 3 bedrooms in our house we felt like we didn't need to add another bedroom. So we put a room round the furnace and water heater - it will be sort of a utility room.


The rest of the basement is open and one big room.

Jon glued the pink foam to the cement walls and then put the wall frames up over them.


Once he had all the walls up he wired and put outlets in.
My dad came over and showed him how to hook it up to the main power and now we have working outlets!


We managed to get Jon's brother's Father-in-law to lend us a sheet rock lifter which saved us a ton of time.


Jon would drill the sheets to the frame and I would measure and cut each one. We make a pretty good team.



Once we started get close to being done I started mudding and taping while Jon hung the sheet rock.


The walls are all up now and all we have to do is finish mudding and taping.

No comments:

Post a Comment