Saturday, February 12, 2011

Caramel Apple Pie

Caramel and Apples are always a good combination.

This is by far the best apple pie recipe I have found. I got it off of AllRecipes.com. Here's the Link.

Start with you apples and caramel. I recommend using your favorite apples because I believe that if you like the taste of an apple by itself, you will like it in a pie.


Now this recipe makes a very sweet pie. Not only does it have a ton of sugar and the caramel pieces, it also has a toffee type mixture that consists of brown sugar, butter and flour.


Now I truly believe that a really good pie doesn't just have a really good filling but that it has an amazing crust. If your crust is too soggy then the texture of the pie isn't good or if the crust is too hard then it's hard to get it on your fork and it makes the pie seem really dry. I am a fan of homemade crusts but if you don't have time to make your own crust then I highly recommend using Cub Brand Ready Made Pie Crusts. (OR any SUPERVALU Private Brand Label) This crust has turned out perfect every time I've made it.


Put your pie together


Make sure you seal the edges of this pie really well because when the caramel and sugar liquefy and the edges are not sealed well then you will have a huge mess in your oven (So put a cookie sheet or something under it to catch drips)


Bake and serve warm with a big glass of milk


No comments:

Post a Comment