Monday, April 2, 2012

New Shoes

I’m super excited about this post because I get to tell you about my new shoes!

I have plenty of shoes already but yesterday Jon took me to get a new pair of running shoes! My last pair I bought at the beginning of 2009 as I was training for the La Jolla Half Marathon. Since that time I’ve run countless amounts of miles including training for and running the Nerstrand Big Woods Run last fall. I think it was time for some new shoes. So we went to The Running Room on Grand Ave and started trying on shoes. I think The Running Room is the best place to get shoes. Every time I’ve gone there to get a new pair they are so focused on getting me shoes that will fit my feet that they even bring me shoes on clearance. I really appreciate that.

These are the shoes that I got! Aren’t they pretty?!?!


Thankfully they were cheap too! So that makes them even better!

I went for my daily run last night to break them in and shaved 30 seconds off each mile! I’m giving all that credit to my new shoes considering all I ate yesterday was pizza, doughnuts and pop - those foods will not help me run faster.

Overall our trip was successful. Jon even got a great pair of walking shoes! We are all set to get outside and get some exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment