Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gone with the Wind


I just finished reading Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind. I started this book back in August and just finished it now… I am notorious for reading almost all of a book and then not finishing it. So it took me about 5 months to finish the last 50 pages.

I thought this was a really good book. The kind of book that you pick up and you don’t want to put down. The book that you think about when you’ll get to spend more time reading it because you want to know what happens next. Those are probably some of the reasons why it is considered a great American classic. Now I wont go into detail about what happens in the book or give more of my opinions because I will probably start rambling on. But I will gladly go into details if you ever want to discuss it with me in person.

Now if I read a book that has been made into a movie I usually like to watch the movie after I’ve read the book. As usual this book is way better than the movie but I thought the movie did a good job of portraying the important scenes of the book. The movie is old so the actors are actually good. They make the movie to be more of a play, with an intermission and everything! It is quite lengthy – about 4 hours long. So I recommend watching it when you don’t want to do anything else like during a snow storm or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment