Saturday, May 21, 2011

Starburst

I have been working on this quilt since this fall and it is finally done!
My goal for this quilt was to make a quilt with my husband in mind. His favorite color is orange, bright orange, and I wanted to make something that he might like. Now according to him "quilts are girly" so how could a make a quilt that he might like? Well I can't... because quilts are girly, but what I can do is add his favorite color and show him how much time and effort I put into making it for him and I'm sure he will really appreciate it.

I found this beautiful red fabric one day and I fell in love with it. I knew I wanted to make a quilt with it but I didn't know what pattern I was going to use. So I just bought a few yards of it just in case.


I also really wanted orange in the blanket because it's Jon's favorite and this quilt was going to be a quilt for us so I wanted to keep us in mind. I found a perfect shade or orange to tie into the red.


Now the last color was really important to me. I wanted a color that would bring out the orange but also not overshadow the red. Plus with the red having so much design in it I wanted a plan design so the red design would stand out. I chose Yellow. It really brightened up the quilt and made it bold and firey.


This quilt has two main blocks.



Alternated each block and I think it looks pretty cool.


All Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment