Sunday, August 14, 2011

Training - Week 2

My second week of training didn't go as well as the first but only because this week was a little busier and I didn't have as much time. I was only able to run every other day and not do any cross training.

I timed my runs this week and found out that I run faster than I thought. I ran both of my 3 mile runs in 31 minutes. Which means that I run between 10 and 11 min mile. And for not running in a long time, I think that's pretty good.

To help with my training, I've dusted off my pilates exercise videos and plan to do a 10 min workout every weekday. I'm hoping these videos will help with cross training, building up my muscle strength and making me more flexible.

Week 2:
Total miles run: 6 miles
Minutes per mile: 10.5 min miles **Goal Reached**
Days missed: 5
Cross Training: No cross training this week - but I do go for walks during my lunch breaks so at least I'm being somewhat active throughout my days.

Week 3 Goal:
Total miles to run: 14 miles
Minutes per mile: 10.5 min miles
10 min pilates workouts to complete: 5
No days missed

1 comment: