Monday, August 8, 2011

Training

I’ve decided that I am going to run a half marathon on October of this year. I am not really in shape so that means that I have to train for this race. Last week was my first week of training and so far so good.

The Overall Goal: To run the half marathon in under 2hr 30 min. Which means each mile needs to be
completed in under 12min. Also I want to have fun during this whole process while I get myself in shape.

The Schedule: I’ve based my schedule off of Hal Higdon's Novice Training Schedule. It’s a 12 week schedule and has you doing some sort of workout 6 days a week with one day of rest.

Last week:
Total miles run: 10 miles
Days missed: 0
Cross Training: 2 hrs of tennis

Last week I did not time my runs because the goal was to actually run the whole way without stopping. I managed to not stop at all on my long run (except to wait for stop lights to change). Since I feel good about last week’s runs, I am going to start timing myself this week.

Week Two Goal:
Total miles to run: 12 miles
Minutes per mile: 12.5 min miles
No days missed

Wish me luck!

1 comment: