Monday, August 8, 2011

Just for Fun

Friday I finished work early and had time to make supper before Jon got home. I wanted to surprise him and have everything ready. Since I didn’t have time, I threw together what I had at home.

This week we received an eggplant in our CSA box and I wanted to use it before it went bad. Jon has never really had eggplant before and was unsure if he would like it, so I wanted to make this meal simple but really good so that he would enjoy it.

This is what I came up with.
First I breaded the eggplant and baked 5min on each side. Then I breaded a breast of chicken and baked 10 min on each side. I spread spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a baking dish, lined the dish with the chicken and eggplant and spread Cheese (this time I used mozzarella and Parmesan), topped with the rest of sauce and more cheese and baked for about 35min at 350.


Jon and I also love garlic bread – especially when we have spaghetti sauce. But since I didn’t have any, I used hot dog buns, buttered and seasoned each side and baked until just right. They actually turned out really good.


I even set the table nice and brought out dessert for us.


I know Jon doesn’t drink I still set the table with 2 wine glasses and he still put his wine glass to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment