Monday, August 22, 2011

Training - Week 3

Week 3 started off a little rough. Since I didn’t do a long run last week, I thought I would run about 4 miles on Monday instead of the 3.5 miles that was scheduled. I have a route from my house that is about 4.5 miles and I decided to run that, stopping short and using that extra .5 as a cool down. Sunday night, I wasn’t able to fall asleep at all and ended up getting only 3 hours of sleep. I was tired all day. I really didn’t want to run but Jon is really good at encouraging me to run. He biked next to me while I ran and kept my mind off of running. Well at about the 3 mile mark, Jon hit a nasty bump and crashed the bike. He’s perfectly fine but the handle bars broke off the bike. So my run ended there and we walked the rest of the way home. Overall it took us about an hour to do that route. I did not time my run but I still feel good about it cause I was able to run most of the way and it was a beautiful night and we got to enjoy that.

Wednesday was my next 3.5 mile run. Jon and I started out good but shortly after the run started the handle bars on the bike came loose again and we had to turn around and try and get them fixed. It’s weird cause the day before the handle bars worked just fine. So Wednesday I was only able to run about 1 mile.

Saturday was my long run and it went GREAT! Jon fixed the handle bars on the bike and I ran 5 miles while he biked next to me. I took me just under an hour to complete the run (including stopping for stop lights) and I felt really good afterwards. Although the week started off rough, it ended well. So bring on Week 4!

Week 3:
Total miles run:  11 miles
Minutes per mile: 10.5 min miles **Goal Reached**
10 min pilates workouts completed: 4
Days missed: 1
Cross Training: Tuesday I ran a quick 2 mile run which I completed in about 19 min.

Week 4 Goal:
Total miles to run: 14 miles
Minutes per mile: 10.5 min miles
10 min pilates workouts to complete: 5
No days missed

No comments:

Post a Comment