Sunday, July 31, 2011

Red Rossa

Family is important to me and I am lucky enough to live close to all of my family so that I get to see them often. Every Sunday is pretty much family day for Jon's family but for my family we have to be a little more planned out.

Last Wednesday was one of those planned out family nights and we decided to try the restaurant that my cousin is the sous chief for. The restaurant is called Red Rossa and it is located right across from the Mall of America. The building is all newly remolded and it looks great. The atmosphere of the restaurant has a relaxed elegnant feel, with high ceilings, wooden beams, unique chandelliers and brick walls.

It's attached to the Best Western which helps out the restaurant a lot because they get to cater banquets and meetings. Which I'm sure they would get the business without the hotel being right there because their food is AWESOME. (Not only is the food that we got at the restuarant great, but my cousin is a great cheif and I've gotten to enjoy plenty of his food which has all turned out awesome)

To start we ordered bruschetta for everyone. Now Jon and I get bruschetta at every resturant we go to because we both love it so much - so basically I know what I'm talking about when it comes to which resturant has great bruschetta. I'm going to be honest with you... I still think Biaggi's bruschetta is the best and Jon's favorite is Chianti Grill but I would have to say that Red Rossa comes in third for the best tomato bruschetta I've had so far. But you shouldn't just listen to me... instead go taste it for yourself.


For the main course, I ordered The Italian Pizza. This fire roasted pizza came out perfect. It didn't taste burnt but had that great flavor that good fire roasted pizzas have. It was also loaded with olives, sausage, onions and cheese and filled me up quickly.


Overall I had a very pleasent time at Red Rossa and I highly recommend trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment