Saturday, January 1, 2011

Baby Boxes

I wanted to make a few more homemade gifts for the baby showers I have to go to this week so I decided to make some "boxes" They are basically stuffed boxes, soft enough so that they wont hurt anyone. They are also easy for the babies to grab onto and hold. I've made them before for my nieces and nephews and they all love them so I thought maybe the new babies might like them too.

You don't need much fabric so I went to the remnants section and found some cute baby pattern fabric.


After washing the fabric, I cut out 5 inch squares. You need 6 squares for each box, I'm making 6 boxes so I cut out 36 squares.


Sew the squares together so they make a T or a cross. (4 down and 2 on each side)


Then sew the sides together to make the cube.


Leave just enough space so you can flip the pattern side out and stuff it.


The stuffing I used is made for stuff animals and projects like this. It is also machine-washable which is important because babies are messy. :-) I believe they do sell stuffing that is in the shape of a cube. So if you want them to look more like cubes you could use those. I like the "rounded" look of my boxes so I just used regular stuffing.



Once I stuffed each box, I took a needle and thread and sewed up the hole.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta admit - I think I'm going to play w/ these more than the baby :) jk! Thanks so much again!!

    ReplyDelete