Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holly's Gift

My sister-in-law's Christmas present was by far the hardest Christmas present I had to get this year. She asked for a shower radio mirror and a game called headbanz. Well, everywhere I went to get her gifts they were all out of them or stopped selling them the year before. Argh! And since I didn't really feel like ordering the gifts online, I spent my time going from store to store trying to find them.

I was getting frustrated and one day my husband said that I should just make the game for Holly because all the game is is Headbands and cards with words on them. I didn't much like that idea because I had a lot of other stuff to do before Christmas and I didn't really know how I would make the game.

So my last stop to find the game was at Games by James. I asked the person working if they had the game and he said they didn't but that even if they did I shouldn't by it. It's a "waste of money" according to him and I should just make the game. I laughed to myself, thanked him and headed home to start making the game.

Here's what I came up with. I took some extra fabric I had and made strips, long enough to be tied around a head. Then I added little pockets to the middle of the strips. Put a Apple to Apples game card in it and you've got the game Headbanz!




Merry Christmas Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment