Monday, December 20, 2010

Wood Floors

I absolutely love the look of wood floors. I grew up in a house that had wood floors and I always wanted my house to have them. So with that said, about a year ago my husband and I bought a bunch of wood flooring to put in our house. And this weekend we finally got around to putting them in!

To start I swept and washed our laminate flooring to prepare it for the wood flooring. Jon had asked around and did some research and found out that if the laminate flooring is put it well you can just put the wood flooring over it. So since our laminate flooring has been put in really well we are just putting the wood flooring over the top of it. Works for me and it's less work for Jon. :-)

While I cleaned the floor, Jon went around taking off all the trim. We are putting the wood flooring in our kitchen/dinning room and hallway, so there are a lot of doors and trim to take off.
Some of Jon's handy work...
 

I am very blessed to have a Dad who owns every tool you could possibly think of. He's also very generous and let us use some of his tools so we could put the floor in. He also donated most of his time this weekend to help out.

Getting started.


Dad did a great job under the oven.


I let the guys do their thing and put most of the flooring down. My main job was to organized the wood and find pieces that fit just right. It was kinda like Tetris, which was so much fun for me cause I rock at tetris.


I also tried to keep things clean... but the shop-vac didn't always want to let me.


more pictures of the great job the guys did...




 Finishing up...



Jon putting the plug-in back in the island.


And now we have a whole new floor! and I am super excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment