Saturday, June 25, 2011

Birthday Week - Day 6

For those of you who know me, you will know that I like to figure things out... put all the pieces together to figure out what's going on. (That's how I knew Jon asked my dad for permission to marry me) Since then Jon has gotten better about keeping things secret so he can surprise me. But I still like to figure things out, he gives me clues instead. Every hour today, Jon gave me a clue so that I could try and figure out where he was taking me to dinner tonight. (PS I wasn't allowed to Google these to figure it out)

Italian Restaurant
In Minneapolis but not downtown
James Beard (I had to Google this one cause I didn't know who he was)
Anagram: alas bar rags
Loop (Still don't know what this is)

Took me awhile and help from a co-worker to figure it out but this is for Bar La Grassa!

Apparently the place was booked so we weren't able to get reservations until 9pm but that's ok cause it's Friday!

When they brought us our water they also gave us a little bowl of pickled beans... they we interesting but had a lot of good flavors.


For starters we got two different types of bruchetta: Ricotta and Roasted Tomato and Gorrgonzola Picante with Pereronata. They were both awesome! The bread was perfect and they we packed full of good stuff on top.


For the meal we kinda spilt 3 things; Gnocchi with Cauliflower and Orange, Papperardelle with Veal Ragu, and Silk Hankerchiefs with Basil Pesto.




For dessert we got Salty Caramel Crespelle. It was perfect! Salty and sweet with caramel and vanilla ice cream. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment