Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Week - Day 8

Yes, Birthday weeks consist of 8 days.

Jon didn't buy me any more presents for today but what he did do was get rid of an old couch we had been unsuccessfully trying to sell on Craig's list.




On Sunday afternoons we usually try to make the time to visit Jon's family. Well this week, since it's my birthday, Jon's family came to us. We also invited my family over to have one big party! We made food and just hung out and played with all the babies.


For the meal I made "walking" tacos (or tacos in a bag). They are super easy. All you have to do is make taco toppings (beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, etc) and take a small Doritos bag, break all the chips and put every topping you want in the bag. Shake them up and enjoy! They are perfect for parties because there are less dishes to do.


But if you are not skilled in eating out of a bag, they can get a little messy.


For dessert I made two pies with all the strawberries we picked last week. One Strawberry and one Strawberry Rhubarb.



Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me and since we didn't have any candles, Jon came up with a make-shift candle.


They even made me try and blow it out!


Overall it was a great finale to a fun week. And according to Jon, I have to wait another 25 years before I get another week-long celebration of my birth. (But I'm hoping he'll forget he said that and do it again next year)

No comments:

Post a Comment