Friday, July 22, 2011

Reminiscing

July 18th, 2009 is the day we got married. And last weekend was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. So because it was our anniversary, I got to thinking back on the day we got married. We also went through all our wedding photos and I thought I would share some of my favorites with you!

We had an outdoor wedding in the backyard of the house I grew up in. Everyone else was worried about the weather because it was outside in July. I didn't even check the weather the whole week leading up to our wedding... it's not something I can control so why worry about it. The day turned out to be a perfect 75 degrees and overcast (so no one is squinting into the sun in any of our pictures).



It was really important to me to have my brother in the wedding, in fact I wanted all of my family. My mom had pounded in my head that siblings are stuck with each other for the rest of our lives so we might as well learn to get along. So I figured that they are the ones who are going to be around me in 30 years so why not have them in my wedding. And I love Jon's family so it worked out perfect to have all of our siblings.


The Dress:
Bought at the Wedding Shoppe on Grand. Basically I put it on and I knew that it was the perfect dress. Turns out it's the style Jon likes too!


The Jewelery: A necklace I inherited from my mom and earrings Jon gave me. If I'm going to wear jewelry, I like it to have a history (so-and-so gave this to me, this was from my husband, etc)


Flowers: Prestigious Petals
She did an awesome job on my flowers. I basically just told her the colors I wanted and she did the rest. They turned out better than I had imagined!


Photographer: Staja Sudios
They also did an awesome job! I highly recommend them, they are super easy to work with and creative when it comes to finding that perfect picture. And if you look at their website, my toes and Laura's dog are in one of the pictures that comes up!


Reception Hall: Metro State University St Paul Campus
I wanted my Ceremony and Reception in the same location but didn't want to bother renting tables/etc to have it at the house. Metro State is located right behind my Dad's house so it was perfect. Plus they were a really good price!


The Cake: Buttercream
My part-time job during college was waiting on tables at weddings and if there was ever any left over cake we got to try it. So basically, I've eaten a lot of cake and Buttercream cakes are my favorite. We had 3 flavors for this cake. Lemon-Raspberry, Carrot Cake and White with a Mint Chocolate middle. And on my wedding day I had a piece of each, I have no shame in that.


Before Jon and I started dating, we were friends. One day we were walking with a few of our other friends and Jon tells us that when he gets married he would like to pull a prank during the ceremony were the rings get "lost". Once he was done with that story, I thought to myself "That would be awesome, I hope my future husband wants to do that in my wedding". Two years later he became my husband and I let him fulfil his dream of pulling a prank during the ceremony.

Now Jon's brother is very forgetful. So all day long my bridesmaids we asking him if he had the rings because they were pretty sure he was going to forget them during the ceremony. The ceremony comes around and the Pastor asks for the rings. Jon turned to Chris and Chris started to franticly search for the rings in his pockets. Chris turned to Travis and Travis put his hands up, backed away and said "don't look at me". Jake stepped out and said "I've got this". Pulled out a Cracker Jack box from his pocket, poured it out and at the bottom were the rings. He handed them over to the Pastor and the ceremony continued. Jon, Chris, Jake and I were the only ones who knew but we should have told the photographers cause this is the only picture we have of it and it's right after the whole thing is done.


Overall the day, for me, was relaxed. So that means either everything went perfect or my bridesmaids did a really good job of hiding things from me. But I honestly think everything just went perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment