Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wine

For those of you who know Jon and I well, you will know that Jon doesn't drink any alcohol but I do. So far it hasn't been an issue. Jon doesn't mind that I enjoy a glass of wine once and awhile and I make sure he's ok with me drinking when I do. I'm a fan of wine and Jon has started a tradition where we go buy my supply of wine for the year at Surdyk's wine sale. (I think it's so he doesn't have to buy my wine all year and instead we just do it in one day)

The tradition started right before we got married and Jon, knowing that I like wine, went to Surdyk's because they were having a wine sale. He bought me a nice bottle for our wedding and a few big bottles for me to drink throughout the year. Last year he took me there to pick out my own wine for the year and we bought 24 bottles (5 of which I still have, and 4 I gave away). Not only do I like drinking it, but I find it really handy to have wine on hand so I can just grab a bottle and go to a dinner party, birthday, etc.

So this year, we bought a lot of wine. The nice part about going to Surdyk's is that we can pick out cool looking bottles of wine and still only pay 5 bucks for the bottle. We bought 29 bottles this year.


Some of them Jon picked out just because of the name of the wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment